Welcome to the Southeast Minnesota School Counselors Association webpage. The SEMSCA is a regional division of the Minnesota School Counselors Association. The SEMSCA provides opportunities for professional development and networking to its members. We encourage all school counselors in the Southeastern MN region to join today!
* Minnesota School Counselors Association (MSCA) is a division of the American School Counseling Association. Its purpose is to serve its members and the public through programs that advance guidance and counseling in all school and work settings: elementary, middle/junior high, secondary, and post-secondary.
* Ten $1,000 scholarships (one finalist per each of the ten MSCA divisions) will be awarded to individuals pursuing post-secondary education at an institution of their choice.
* For more information about MSCA visit: www.mnschoolcounselors.org
* Applicants must be a Minnesota public or private high school senior
* Applicants must be able to articulate how a licensed school counselor impacted their life
* The licensed school counselor written about must be a member of MSCA
* Applications must be submitted by March 1st
It's once again time to think about our Southeastern Minnesota School Counselor's Association region and all the people who could be recognized for their great work in counseling and related fields. Would you take a minute this fall to give someone else the recognition they so rightly deserve? Here's how you can make a difference...
1. Download the proper 2016-17 Nomination form.
2. The categories are:
3. Fill out the appropriate form/s and send it to Dawnette Cigrand by February 15, 2017.
Dawnette Cigrand, 115 Gildemeister Hall, Winona State University, Winona, MN 55987
4. Award recipients will be notified by phone no later than February 24, 2017. At that time, it will be determined if the candidate is eligible for a MSCA award (deadline March 1, 2017).
5. We will celebrate the winners at the SEMSCA Annual Awards Banquet planned for April 11, 2017 at 5pm at Willow Creek Golf Course in Rochester.
For further questions contact Dawnette Cigrand, 507-457-5336 or email email@example.com
Note: MSCA membership must be current by December 1st in order to qualify at the MSCA level for "Counselor of the Year" awards.